THE KEY STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- Promotion of efficiency and effectiveness in the contribution to service delivery in the peace, justice and security issues.
- Promote efficiency and effectiveness in the coordination of service delivery of the Ministry.
- Promotion of alternative sentence to imprisonment, through the Community Service Programme to foster rehabilitation and/or reintegration of offenders.
- Promotion of dialogue and reconciliation between Government and dissidents and to resettle and reintegrate Reporters through implementation of the Amnesty Act.
- Control the proliferation of illicit Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALWs) in the communities in collaboration with the relevant Government Ministries/Departments and the Civil Society Organizations.
- Collection, analysis and dissemination of early warning information and as well provide early response to prevent and mitigate conflict.
- Registration, regulation, coordination and monitoring of NGOs to ensure that their mandates are in line with Government policies and programmes.
- Provision of specialized scientific, analytical and advisory services to Government Departments responsible for administration of justice, Researchers and private sector for global competitiveness.
- Provision of safe, secure and humane custody of prisoners (remands and convicts).
- Facilitation and regulation of entry stay and exit of persons into and from Uganda.
- To coordinate implementation of the Trafficking in Persons Act.
- Issuance of National Identity Cards.
- Protect life and property, preserve law and order as well as prevent and detect crime.