Registration of NGOs
Registration of indigenous, regional, continental, foreign and international NGOs;
a) Registration of NGOs incorporated within Uganda
An application for registration of an NGO shall be in Form A and accompanied by:
• a certified copy of a certificate of incorporation;
• a copy of the Organization’s governing documents;
• a chart showing the governance structure;
• proof of payment of the prescribed fee;
• source of funding of the activities of the organization;
• a copies of valid identification document for at least two founder members
• minutes and resolutions of the members authorizing the organization to register with the Bureau;
• a statement complying with section 45 of the Act( staffing);
• a recommendation from –
- DNMC where the headquarters are located;
- A line ministry or a Government department or agency;
• The application for registration of an organization shall be signed by at least two founder members.
b) Registration of NGOs incorporated outside Uganda
Any NGO incorporated outside Uganda shall apply to the Bureau for registration in Form N and the application shall be accompanied by:-
• -proof of payment of prescribed fees;
- a certified copy of certificate of incorporation from the country of origin;
• -a certified copy of its constitution, or charter, or memorandum of association, or any other documents governing the NGO;
• a certified copy of resolution authorizing registration in Uganda;
a certificate of good conduct of the signatories to the resolution in sub regulation 3(d) or at least two board members of the NGO;
- a curriculum vitae of at least two board members of the NGO;
- a recommendation from their government or missions accredited to Uganda;
• -a recommendation from the ministry of foreign affairs in Uganda;
• -a chart showing its organizational structure as stipulated in its governing documents;
- a copy of valid identification document for at least two board members;
- a work plan and budget or strategic plan for the organization;
• -a statement complying with section 45 of the Act (staffing);
• -a recommendation from; DNMC where its headquarters will be located; and the responsible ministry or ministries or government or department or agency.
c) Issuance of certificate of Registration
• Where an NGO has complied with the requirements for registration, the Bureau shall issue a certificate of registration to the organization.
• The certificate of registration shall be in Form B prescribed in the schedule and shall indicate the name, registration number and the date of registration of the organization.
d) Refusal to Register an NGO
• Where the Bureau refuses to register an NGO, it shall give reasons for the refusal (sec. 30) and notify the NGO of its decision within thirty (30) days from the date of the refusal.
• The refusal notification shall be in Form C as prescribed in the schedule.